Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Phoenix Reborn

I realize that most of my time on the web is spent consuming. I consume stories on reddit, digg, and various feeds on google reader. None of my time online is really spent producing; I'm essentially an information sponge that soaks up what other people have written but gives nothing in return.

My behavior is certainly representative of the internet community at large. A small number active members write articles on and submit stories to wikipedia, reddit, and digg, and a large number of passive members consume that content. Nevertheless, there's no inherent reason why I have to be a passive internet user; and, in fact, I feel somewhat weak that I'm not a content generator. I'd certainly like to think that I have some knowledge, thoughts, or expertise that others might find valuable and useful.

So, without further ado, I'm going to try and revive my blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First post!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Your blog name is the same as mine ?!? How can this be? Why doesn't the world implode?